Early diagnosis of cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the main area of our research and development.
Our company develops and commercializes new noninvasive methods for early diagnosis of cardiovascular disease and for monitoring of the effectiveness of cardiovascular therapies. Our primary focus is early diagnosis of atherosclerosis.
Our company has developed and is offering several diagnostic products “Angioscan”. These systems assess the health of blood vessels and detect the risk of cardiovascular disease several years before any clinical manifestations of the disease.
Our diagnostic solutions include products for Medical Professionals and for home use by consumers. We have developed and received certifications for several models of our diagnostic systems: a dual-channel device Angioscan-01 for Medical Professionals, a single-channel device Angioscan-01M, which can be used in both clinical and home settings, and a portable device Angioscan-01P for personal/home use.
Below is a list of diseases and conditions, whose diagnosis is aided by Angioscan products:
- Arterial Hypertension
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Arterial Disease
- Atherosclerosis of cerebral blood vessels and those of lower extremities
- High risk of stroke and heart attack
- Certain forms of erectile dysfunction
A non-invasive test with our products takes 5 minutes and includes the following:
- An assessment of several parameters of cardiovascular health:An assessment of the level of stress and the health of baro-receptor sensor system
- Stiffness of arterial wall
- Elasticity of aorta
- Central arterial blood pressure
- Endothelial function in small (resistive) and large (conductive) arteries
- Ability of endothelial cells to produce nitric oxide, as a measure of protection against atherosclerosis
- Analysis of pulse wave shape (amplitude and timing of early and late systolic waves)
- Augmentation index (effect of the reflected wave)
- An evaluation of biological age of the vascular system
- Monitoring the effectiveness of cardiovascular therapies
- A respiration test
- An assessment of the risk of developing cardiovascular disease
- An evaluation of the risk of kidney dysfunction and/or endothelial dysfunction in the third trimester of pregnancy
Cardiovascular disease often develops without any symptoms and is undetected until it is far advanced. Heart attack or stroke is often the first manifestation of atherosclerosis in patients who have not had any prior symptoms of the disease. This fact highlights the importance of developing new technologies for early diagnosis in patients at high risk for cardiovascular disease.
Angioscan products identify patients, whose early-stage cardiovascular disease is undetected by the existing diagnostic methods, and direct their physicians to prescribe cardiovascular therapies at the time when such interventions are most effective.
The current cardiovascular diagnostic tools assess risk factors (high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol levels, etc.) and detect atherosclerotic plaque (by coronary angiography, stress testing, etc.). However, the diagnosis of the risk factors in a patient provides no information about the early pathological changes in his blood vessels; and, by the time atherosclerotic plaque is detected, the disease is already well advanced. The current diagnostic approaches segment all adults based on their CVD risk: high, medium and low. In the USA, for instance, the medium risk adults comprise one-third of the population. In order to provide targeted therapy to such individuals, more granular clinical information about the CVD risk is needed.
Early detection of cardiovascular disease, by assessing arterial stiffness and endothelial dysfunction, provides physicians with detailed and clinically valuable information, and, as was shown in a number of clinical studies, helps identify patients at high risk for cardiovascular disease.
In Russian Federation, mortality due to cardiovascular disease remains high at 57% of all deaths or 2.4 million cases over the last two years. Moreover, nearly 20% of all CVD patients die before reaching 55 years of age. Since atherosclerosis is the main cause of cardiovascular disease, and it often develops undetected, the only way to significantly reduce the impact of atherosclerosis on public health is to diagnose the disease early and to prevent the progression of the disease with therapies. Hence, new diagnostics of early stages of atherosclerosis, such as Angioscan products, are addressing one of the most important areas of public health – prevention and treatment of CVD.
AngioScan-01M is a simplified version of AngioScan-01. Unlike AngioScan-01, AngioScan-01M does not take an occlusive test for assessment of endothelial function. All other functions of the products are identical.
The installation of AngioScan Professional in necessary for operating under PC control (Windows). The professional models of the devices assess all parameters of cardiovascular health, that includes also the following:
- augmentation index;
- analysis of pulse wave shape;
- biological age of the vascular system;
- stiffness of arterial wall;
- reflected wave index;
- ejection duration;
- amplitude and timing of early and late systolic waves;
- central arterial pressure;
- stress index and other parameters.
In addition, AngioScan-01 assets the following parameters:
phase occlusion index;
- amplitude occlusion index.
The test results are kept at a PC database. The medical personnel can conduct researches on test results on any computer with AngioScan Professional software installed, as the data of tests can be easily exchanged between computers.
Graphical interface AngioScan Professional allows to conduct a detailed test either of every pulse wave or chosen group of pulse waves. The conclusion of cardiovascular system assessment is based on test results. It is displayed in textual form and can be printed out.