Clearlight Saunas have a no emf carbon/low emf ceramic heater combination called True Wave II Heaters and also offer the Near Infrared Red Light Heater for Full Spectrum. The Clearlight saunas come in Nordic Spruce or Cedar and the Sanctuary Sauna line includes the Near Infrared Red Light Heaters. Clearlight is a more affordable sauna that has efficient heaters that have a lifetime warranty. Clearlight sells their heaters and wood for custom made saunas and can help you with your own design for optimal efficiency.
Clearlight uses True Wave II heaters are the only combination Carbon and Ceramic far infrared heater. These heater are truly the best of both worlds. The carbon allow the True Wave II heaters to produce long wave far infrared heat. The long infrared wave will penetrate deeper into your body and give you the benefits you are looking for. The patented organic Ceramic compound that we add to the carbon give the heaters a very high infrared output. Traditional carbon heaters are weak, but not our True Wave II heaters. They produce exceptional quality infrared and a lot of it. Please see the comparison test we performed below.
The heaters are positioned so the infrared heat is concentrated on your body. Since infrared heat travels in a straight line, any heater that goes up over your head is only heating the air. By using our high output heaters, we can concentrate the heat exclusively on your body so you get the most benefit. This means better performance well within the optimal wave range of 7 to 14 microns with a good portion of wavelengths at 9.4--which is the frequency at which the human body absorbs infrared heat.
Over the last 5 years there has been a big debate as to whether Carbon heaters or Ceramic heaters are"better". Carbon heaters produce high quality, long wave infrared heat, but the problem is they do not produce a lot of infrared heat - in our testing they seemed weak. Ceramic heaters are powerful and emit a lot of infrared heat, but the wavelength tended to be shorter, thus less therapeutic.
Our R&D department at Clearlight Infrared has ended that debate by introducing the ONLY combination Carbon/Ceramic far infrared heater.
Clearlight Infrared True Wave II far infrared heaters combine Carbon and Ceramic to produce healing infrared heat that is unmatched. Our heaters are comprised of micro-thin carbon fibers (1/1000th the thickness of a human hair) combined with our patented ceramic compound. We start with a high quality organic carbon fiber sheet. We then add our high output (high emissivity) ceramic compound to the heater allowing out heaters to produce long wave infrared heat with a very high infrared output. They are fantastic infrared heaters!
The carbon in our heaters allows the heater to produce long wave far infrared heat. This long wave infrared heat penetrates deeper into your body and the infrared heat is more readily absorbed. The ceramic in our heaters gives the heaters a very high infrared output when compared to traditional carbon heaters so we can concentrate the heat directly on your body. We also developed the first and only virtually no-EMF combination carbon/ceramic heaters. This patent pending process allows us to cancel out virtually all of the EMF (electromagnetic fields).
Using a Tri-Field EMF meter and measuring directly on top of our True Wave II heaters, our heaters have an average EMF output of about 2.5mg. Compare that to over 100 mg for most of our competitors carbon based heaters. In addition, when we use the Tri-Field meter and measure where you sit in the sauna, there is virtually no EMF.
Why Clearlight Infrared True Wave II™ far infrared heaters are better for you?
The larger size of our True Wave II™ infrared sauna heaters mean more surface area, resulting in lower surface temperature. The result of this low temperature is that our heaters produce more FAR or LONG wave infrared heat which is more therapeutic for your body. This means better performance within the optimal wavelength range of 7 to 10 microns with a large portion of wavelengths at 9.4 microns. The human body absorbs more infrared at the 9.4 micron range than any other range.
With the high far infrared output (emissivity) of our heaters, you not only get the highest quality infrared heat, but you get a lot of it, and right where you want it - your body core. We position our heaters so that they surround your body concentrating the heat on your body core.
The key to infrared therapy is heating your body directly so you want heat on the front of your body and on the back of your body. Every Clearlight Infrared model has heaters on the front wall, back wall, side walls and underneath the bench. Most companies using carbon heater saunas don't have heaters on the front walls. That is a big mistake. Without heating the front of your body you will not raise your core body temperature as effectively and you will not sweat and detox as effectively.
Most of our competitors also run their heaters very high up on the wall way over your head. They do this because their heaters have a low infrared heat output and they must add more heater to sufficiently heat the cabin. With the heaters extended up to the ceiling, the heater is just heating the cabin, not your body. That also extends the heaters into the head region, a real no-no in infrared therapy. Because of the high output of our Clearlight Infrared True Wave II heaters, we do not have to extend them up into the head region.
As you can see from the infrared photo on the left, our True Wave II heaters heat your body very evenly. The total coverage of your body core is the key to effective infrared therapy.
Using our patent-pending infrared heater technology, our True Wave II heaters are the only carbon based infrared heaters with virtually No-EMF. Our exclusive manufacturing process allows us to cancel out EMF to levels that are virtually undetectable.
Using a ultra-sensitive EMF testing equipment, all of our heaters are tested to ensure safe levels of EMF. Electro Magnetic Fields are measured in milligauss (mG). It is generally accepted that exposure to EMF should not exceed 3 milligauss. The EPA (U.S. Environmental Protection Agency) has proposed a safety standard of 3 mG. Sweden has also set a recommended safety limit of 3 mG. When EMF levels are measured inside the Clearlight Infrared Sauna all around your seated position, EMF levels are virtually undetectable.
Clearlight Near Infrared Red Light Heaters - Clearlight Sanctuary Saunas are Full Spectrum and have both the True wave/ceramic far infrared heaters and the Red Near Infrared Heaters
You can add a Full Spectrum heater to the IS Cedar or Basswood Sauna models now for an additional $450.00. The heater mounts in the glass door and will make the sauna full spectrum.
True Spectrum™ Full Spectrum heater are halogen bulbs built to our specific wavelenths and standards and are installed in the front of the sauna next to the doors.
Our True Spectrum infrared heaters emit about 1/3 near, 1./3 mid and 1/3 far infrared. They are high powered 500 watt full spectrum heaters.
By offering all three wavelengths in our True Spectrum heaters the infrared heat will penetrate deeper past the Epidermis and Dermis into the Subcutaneous layer offering maximum effectiveness.
A full spectrum infrared heater emits all three infrared wavelengths: near (IR-A), mid (IR-B) and far infrared (IR-C).
Recommended Use of Your New Clearlight Sauna:
The more you use your sauna, the more you will find your own personal preference on how you like to use it. Remember, infrared heat is more effective at lower temperatures and your Clearlight Infrared Sauna is designed to heat your body mores so than to heat the the air (about 80% of the heat heats your body and 20% of the heat heats the air). The following is our recommendation for use of your sauna:
In their book Beyond Antibiotics, Drs. Michael A. Schmidt et al. state the following: “Saunas are being used by some doctors to stimulate the release of toxins from the bodies of their patients. They have found that a lower temperature (105-130 F) sauna taken for a longer duration is most beneficial. These low temperatures stimulate a fat sweat, which eliminates toxins stored in fat, as opposed to the high temperature sauna, which encourages a water sweat.”
1) Turn your sauna on and warm it up for 10-15 minutes or so.
2) After this short warm up time, get in the sauna and turn the temperature on the thermostat up very high (150 degrees). Your sauna will not reach this temperature, but this will ensure that the heaters stay on the entire time and you will be receiving optimal infrared heat throughout your entire session.
3) Sit back and enjoy your sauna session. Since the key to infrared therapy is heating your body and raising your core body temperature, you will find that you sweat more sitting up in the sauna with your back lined up with the back wall heaters heating your back of your body. This positions you in such a way that the front wall heaters will be heating the front of your body.
4) During your session the temperature will slowly climb inside the sauna. Remember, your Clearlight Infrared Sauna is heating your body more so than heating the air and the air temperature will range between 115F – 125F depending on the ambient air temperature and how long you have the on for.
5) Stay Well Hydrated. We put this in bold because it is essential to stay well hydrated in when using your sauna. It is estimated that 70% of people are dehydrated. When you are dehydrated, your body holds on to water and will not allow you to sweat very much. It is recommended to drink water before you get in the sauna and bring a quart of water into the sauna with you and drink it during your session. The general rule of thumb is that if you are thirsty after your session you did not drink enough during your session.
What To Expect During Your Sauna Session
1) When you first get in to the sauna you will start to perspire in the first few minutes from the warm cabin temperature and the infrared heating starting to warm you body.
2) After about 10 minutes, the infrared heat has started to really stimulate the various systems in your body and you will start to sweat profusely. Of course this timing will vary from person to person and from day to day. Some people sweat more easily than others. For some people it may take several session for the infrared heat to kick-start the sweating process.
3) The recommended session time is 20-45 minutes. Some people are in their sauna for longer or shorter sessions depending on their preference and overall health. Starting with shorter sessions and slowly increasing your session time may be recommended if you have conditions to warrant this.